GET THE FACTS ABOUT CATIE'S CLOSET
All About Catie's Closet
- Family-operated non-profit (501c3) dedicated to improving school attendance and removing social stigma by providing an in-school resource of clothing and basic necessities to students living below the poverty line.
- Supports 17,000 pre-k through grade 12 students within 34 schools in MA & NH.
- The Distribution Center processed more than 1,000,000 pieces of clothing and toiletries last year.
- 30% of Lowell High School students use their closet on a regular basis.
- Mass Challenge Diamond Award Winner
Click here to check out our 2016 Fact Sheet
Non-profit (501c3) dedicated to improving school attendance and removing social stigma by providing an in-school resource of clothing and basic necessities to students living below the poverty line.
We provide a free in-school resource of clothing and toiletries allows students to discreetly access the precious necessities they require.
- Currently supports 25,000 in need students ranging from age four to nineteen.
- Closets in 37 Pre-K to Grade 12 schools within NH and MA.
In their words
We can tell you about Catie's Closet... or you can hear from the students and teachers that rely on us to stay in school.
- We began as a tribute to Catie Bisson, a graduate of Lowell High School who was passionate about the power of education.
- Catie passed away at the age of 20 due to a connective tissue disorder, and we (her family) sought to honor her memory by helping kids succeed in school.
GET THE FACTS ABOUT FILL THE BUS
Fill the Bus is the largest clothing and toiletry drive in Catie’s Closet history. Friends, neighbors and co-workers alike can empower thousands of children in MA & NH by donating bus loads of used-clothing and toiletries. We’re partnering with Boston Cares, New England’s largest volunteer mobilizer, for this feel good event that will bring together thousands of donors and volunteers all rooted in helping Boston and local area youth. Our mission is to raise awareness as we plan to extend our operation to the Boston School system.
Boston Cares is the largest volunteer agency in New England, filling more than 20,000 volunteer spots annually in support of more than 165 Greater Boston schools and non-profit agencies.
<Final press release will go here!>
Check out all the perks associated with joining us as a Fill the Bus sponsor.
From our Bus Banners to Donation Receptacles, from Volunteer Stickers to Lawn Signs, our Fill the Bus campaign will surly make a splash!